The past week has been absolutely great! I have found many new amazing blogs to follow, I have gained many new followers, I renewed the look of my blog and being quite happy with it, even though there are still some details to fix, and the best thing is: I got 3 nominations from fellow bloggers on 2 different awards! Both nominations mean that you will be learning many silly things about the silly girl behind this blog.
But first of all, I want to thank the two people who made my last week extremely special and nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Inspiring Max and Jet Set Brunette — I can’t describe in words how happy you both made me by nominating my blog. I also want to thank every single person who is following my blog, regularly or less regularly, you are the ones who keep me going.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
• Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
• Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
• Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
• Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
So without further blabbering, I will share the first 7 facts about myself:
1) I bought my own house (or actually a two-store flat in a so called ‘row house’) at the age of 24. Today I am living in this lovely house with my English boyfriend Daniel and with our two cute cats, Pertsa and Kilu. (Additional fact: we made this sign for our door last Saturday, just for fun.)
2) Daniel has to proofread every single English post for this blog before I publish them. I pay him in kisses. I bet when he proofreads this fact, he will ask me to delete this one. But I won’t.
3) A few days before my 27th birthday, I read a news article which said that when you turn 27, you are officially old. That was the moment I decided never to turn 27. I am born in 1984 but every single birthday, year after year, I turn 26 over and over again.
4) I never use make-up. Sometimes when I’m going out and I feel very fancy, I wear some mascara, but that’s it. Why? I don’t know how! And I don’t care to learn how.
5) When I was working for a local TV station as a media sales representative, I took part on a makeover game organized by a hair dresser only because I wanted to make a deal with the company. I never got a deal, but I got my makeover picture published in a local news paper on my (another 26th) birthday. I threw a birthday party the same evening and one friend of mine brought me a wine bottle with my makeover picture in it. I still have the bottle and yes, in this picture I am wearing a LOT of make-up but it was part of the game. I spent half an hour washing my face and trying to get rid of it.
6) I started a low carb diet in 2007 to ease my tummy problems. I never tried to lose any weight, so it wasn’t my purpose when I started cutting down carbs. I have never been super strict with my diet, but nevertheless, today I weight 15 kg less than the day I changed my diet. And I never even thought I was fat! Clearly I was wrong there…
7) I applied for a publicist training program that would start in November. More than 200 people applied and only 16 will be taken in, so I guess my odds are not too good. I will find out any day now if I will get an interview, so wish me luck!
There you go, you learned a few silly things about me and my life. Many more new facts will follow on the next post so don’t miss it! And now is the time to nominate 15 fellow bloggers for One Lovely Blog Award. Here they are:
13) Inner Haven
15) Crafty Spell